Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Thoughts on my new job.

As of Monday I will employed which is a very nice feeling. Even though I am not officially an employee yet, I was invited to attend my new company's "Best Practice Forum" that they are holding for the rest of the week. Today was the get-to-know-you reception. I met a lot of people from co-workers and consultants who use our tools to the partners of the business.

This is a pretty small company where job titles do not mean much. Everyone does a little bit of everything, so I will be exposed to a lot. Which is good.

That being said the IT department is small. Really small. So I will have a big impact on how well the company does. Which is good. Scary, but good.

The main principle of the company and said how everyone had told him how good I was and that I would be a great addition to the company. The president of the company said the same thing. Ditto for one of the partners. Which is good. Very scary, but good.

This is going to be a challenge. A good one that I believe will allow me to grow personally and professionally. I know that it will not all be rosy and there will be bumps in the road, but that is the same with anything.

I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.