Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 1

The first day of the OFTP (organic farmer training program) was optional.  I had some prior commitments so I could not attend the seminar in Ann Arbor that a lot of the other students attended.  It sounded like it was a decent conference.   Luckily there will be many more opportunities like this in the future.

In the evening we were all invited to a dinner provided by the staff.  I arrived really early (just like I always seem to do) and our host was very gracious.   Since I am usually a bit shy around new people, I was a little surprised by myself that I seemed to open up pretty quickly.  The couple of beers may have helped, but I think since people came in slowly was the main reason.  Had I walked into a room with a bunch of strangers it may have been different.

I enjoyed talking to everyone and had lot of laughs.  Probably stayed a little to long but when I get around smart and creative people it is tough to leave.

Got home way too late to write here and went straight to bed.

I think the first day was a success and better than I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.