Who would have thought I'd get dishpan hands working on the farm? We wash our used transplant trays in bleach water before we use them again to get rid of anything that might cause the transplants next time to not perform. Forgot to grab a picture of the pile, but it was quite impressive due to the cracker jack team work of me, Val, Katherine, and Sarah.
I did find out that I will not be having blackberries on my farm. The canes have thorns that went through my leather gloves and my arms are still itching a bit from them. We have quite a pile of them and Jeremy says we just burn them in our fire pit. Should be quite a sight. I will have to remember to get pictures.
I think I just about have the central leader pruning of apple trees down. Too bad we will not have many more chances to get some assisted pruning practice. Not sure about the vertical axe and a couple of the other high production styles yet.
Had the first real CSA distribution experience today. I forgot to take a snack so I was pretty tired by the end of it. My experience of being a concession stand worker and manager came back to me and I think that part of the CSA rotation I will be able to handle pretty easily. Not sure when my turn in the CSA rotation will be yet.
Bought this hat just for being accepted to the OFTP program. Wonder what it will look like by the end of the program. This was after the first week on the farm.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.